SSTC is happy to launch its Mentorship and Support Program! This program designed to offer mentorship to Cambodian individuals who are interested in:
- Studying Speech and Language Therapy (for example, pursuing a degree abroad or applying for specialist courses)
- Conducting research relevant to Speech and Language Therapy
- Applying for jobs or volunteer placements relevant to Speech and Language Therapy
Through this program, SSTC will provide tailored support based on the individual’s personal situation. For example, SSTC can provide
- coaching (e.g. interview preparation),
- observational experience (e.g. in hospitals), or
- consultation to help design research.
Program applicants need to be Cambodian nationals who are currently (or planning to be) involved in work, research, or study in an area relevant to Speech and Language Therapy.
Currently, SSTC staff is mentoring one individual who is preparing to study in the speech pathology program in Australia.